Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    DT Jake Replogle 6'5 289 lbs. Purdue. What can I say it always seems Purdue can produce DT's

This is my 6th round draft pick so far.

Bio
    http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m...le_856636.html

Purdue regains, loses Jake Replogle at Minnesota
    http://www.jconline.com/story/sports...sota/93242660/

This guy reminds me of Kony Ealy a utility guy who can play both DE/DT with hand in dirt.

I have a pretty good feeling about Star and KK resigning with the team. So taking a DE/DT like Replogle in the 6th round would be good.

Last edited by Duane; 12-23-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    “You must learn how to hold a team together. You must lift some men up, calm others down, until finally they’ve got one heartbeat. Then you’ve got yourself a team.” Bear Bryant

DE Daeshon Hall 6'6 260 lbs. Texas A&M.

This guy has potential and losing Charles Johnson again on a 1 year deal didn't pan out. Horton and Addison has stepped it up so I'm on the bubble about taking a DE high up. It takes time to develop a DE and to sign one in FA who is a solid pass rusher comes at a premium price. We can't afford to do that and signing Star & KK with others is a must.

So taking Hall in the 7th round isn't a bad thing.

Bio
    http://12thman.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2683

This is from Dallas Cowboys message Board. IMO some are correct this guy is over shadowed by Miles Garrett and could be a true sleeper. Right now I have in the 7th round, but we all know things can change in a heart beat after the combine and pro days.

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topi...-daeshon-hall/

Texas A&M vs Alabama football 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZq5gYVlwM

“You must learn how to hold a team together. You must lift some men up, calm others down, until finally they’ve got one heartbeat. Then you’ve got yourself a team.” Bear Bryant

OK we are heading into Week 16 and if I was drafting today I could easily go this route in the draft picking in this order.

Note: all of this will change after the combine and pro-days plus depending where the Panthers end up picking. Today we are 11th.

11. WR Corey Davis 6'3 205 lbs. Western Michigan. KB? Shula? What happened to Funchess, Brown, Byrd, Garrett. Bersin????
    43. TE Jake Butt 6'6 250 lbs. Michigan. Guys he is in a pro style offense and reminds me of Olsen. We have to look for a clone.
    75. RB D'Onta Foreman 6'1 249 lbs. Texas. Tolbert is done, Fozzy? Cap? J Stew injuries? Foreman plus Devon Johnson 6'0 245 lbs. Like
    107. LT Dan Skipper 6'10 319 lbs. Arkansas. Guys he is a pulling LT who athletic. Beside Norwell at 6'6 325 lbs. is a lot of ground.
    139. CB Channing Stribling 6'2 175 lbs. Michigan. We need depth. 4 year Rookie contracts. Hated drafting 3. Harbaugh seen it.
    161. DT Jake Replogle 6'5 289 lbs. Purdue. Plays both DT/DE win win like Kony Ealy. Was injured, but Purdue always produces D-lineman
    193. DE Daeshon Hall 6'6 250 lbs. Texas A&M playing opposite Miles Garrett has cast a shadow over this guy. I think he is a higher pick.

Now I do think we should at least get 2 comp picks In the draft after going 15-1 to what we are now and the loss of some in retirement like Jared Allen and Charles Tillman. Roman Harper is still playing so I think that is another factor and so is Cortland Finnegan.

So we could get 3 Comps, but more than likely 2. 1 in round 3 and the 2nd in round 5.

So i'm guessing like this on comps.
    79. LT Chad Wheeler 6'6 310 lbs. USC. I know about his Altercation with a teammate & police. Under control. 1st team all American.
    143. LT Connor McDermott 6'8 310 lbs. UCLA HC Ex NFL HC Jim Mora. Guys I'm not sitting back watching Cam get killed again.

You got to have a stout offense and I have ? marks everywhere on the Panthers offense. I'm not happy with Mike Shula at all and I'm beginning to really wonder about Rivera if he has hit his limits as a HC after 5 years.

Reminds me of the John Fox era on a roller coaster ride. All you have to do is look at the record and Rivera's favorite saying is you are what your record says you are.

Well don't try and sell me a snow cone in Alaska or swamp land in Florida. I'm not biting. I wish I could get paid millions of dollars to learn on the job. You really want to know what gripes me so bad about Rivera? He inherited Wade Phillips defense with the Chargers and the year Rivera took over it was the #1 3-4 defense in the NFL. So why weren't we better prepared for the Broncos last year?

Step back and look at what Broncos GM John Ealy did 2 years ago. Fired John Fox and Jack Del-Rio. It's not been from the lack of talent on this team. Last year to this year the difference is player coaches. Let that soak in. Peanut Punch. Well think we lead in take aways when Tillman was here. This year have you seen many strips? NO. So what is Richard Rogers help doing with the DB's. Where is Coach Wilks? This is like the special teams taking a huge step back when Rogers was special teams coach.

Guys in business you never hire friends or family, because they think it's a free ride and take advantage of it. Then no one says a word about a terrible job the yare doing. You don't play favorites either or have a never ending project like Bersin. Let Bersin go and draft a freaking WR or TE who is a top flight player. Then there is Rivera's pet projects he has had since day one and every year we seem to carry one or two eating a roster spot. The biggest egg that has been laid was drafting Zach Sanchez. 3 CB's in one draft is not BPA by a long shot.

I'm wondering about KB and seriously everyone should. Not knowing his routes is no excuse. IMO Cam needs to hold a camp of his own this off season and get the WR's firing on all cylinders or he needs to expect to get hit some more.

Well I'm done ranting and if we draft one o-lineman in the upper 3 rounds I think I would have a heart attack.

LT Chad Wheeler 6'6 310 USC named 1st team All American

I will have to add more later.

Bio
    http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-f...er_796465.html

LT Connor McDermott 6'8 310 UCLA HC Jim Mora I think I have posted him before and over looked him.

Bio
    http://www.uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4195

LT Julian Davenport 6'7 315 lbs. 35" arms and 10" hands. He played basketball too. Look who his cousin is that plays for the Hornets.

OK the nuts and bolts of this years draft is the o-line needs to be addressed. Last year we should have taken a O-lineman instead of 3 CB's.

Davenport does things well for a small school guy. Run blocks well, Pass blocks well and has LT feet being able to move. Now if he gets to the Senior Bowl and starts dominating he should move up the draft boards quick and I'm interested in seeing this happen.

Look the bottom line is Cam is getting killed in the pocket and we are making him a pocket passer. One of the biggest problems Cam has is the size of the pocket. It has never been big enough to operate in. Just look at KB's catching radius and then think Cam's Throwing Radius in legs and Arm length. My lord he takes up a Yard just In his stance let alone stepping into a Throw and then if you stop and think about it how many times has he hit his hand on a helmet or see him pull back to keep from it.

Bio
    Career: Two-year team captain ... three-time First Team All-Patriot League selection ... Second Team All-Patriot League (2013) ... three-time Preseason All-Patriot League ... Second Team STATS FCS All-American (2015).
    2016 (Senior):*Earned First Team All-America honors from four organizations (AFCA, Associated Press, STATS, Walter Camp) ... first Bison with four All-America honors in same season since Bryce Robertson in 2011 ... team captain for a second straight year ... named to Walter Payton Award Watch List ... First Team All-Patriot League selection ... named a Preseason All-American by Athlon Sports ... STATS FCS Preseason All-American First Team ... Preseason All-Patriot League ... earned invitation to play in Senior Bowl ... named*FCS Collegiate Player of the Year by the Brooks Irvine Club of South Jersey ... earned team's Tom Gadd Coaches' Award and Captains Award.

Personal: Julie’n Raymond Davenport ... born Jan. 9, 1995 in Camden, New Jersey ... son of Anthony Davenport and Leslie Showell ... has five siblings: Ernest, Anthony, Kim, Katirah and Nyla ... cousin, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, was a member of Kentucky’s 2012 NCAA Champion men’s basketball team and currently plays in the NBA ... majoring in political science.
    http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArt...CLID=209045528

Bucknell's Julie'n Davenport On Stepping Up This Season | CampusInsiders
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LdWAvZSwnk

Bison Spotlight: Julie'n Davenport
    In his fourth year as a starter at left tackle for the Bison, Davenport certainly has the credentials to move on to the next level. He is a three-time All-Patriot League selection, including a pair of First Team nods. Last fall, he was named a STATS FCS All-American and this year was a Preseason All-America selection by both Athlon Sports and STATS. Additionally, Davenport is a three-time Preseason All-Patriot League choice and a two-year captain. And he has started 35 consecutive games, the most of any player on this year’s Bucknell squad.
    Bucknell head coach Joe Susan, who coached a plethora of NFL players during his near-decade-long stint at Rutgers, has hinted at Davenport’s ability to move on to the NFL since his rookie year in 2013. Now, that potential is close to becoming a reality. It was a common occurrence for NFL scouts to stop by preseason practice this year, and there are at least a handful of scouts observing*tonight’s*game from the press box, all in Lewisburg to see the large 6’7”, 315-pound offensive lineman.
    Continue Reading:
    http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArt...CLID=211186314

My next NFL lineman Julian Davenport
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMPmBud21fQ

For a small school guy he sure looks the part and puts the work in. We will see.

Football Gameplan's 2016 Patriot League Media Day Interview: Julie'n Davenport, Bucknell
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VNpYoAJNnI

Last edited by Duane; 01-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.

DT Larry Ogunjobi 6'3 297 lbs.Charlotte 49ers Here is a small school guy with a great motor. Seems to have a good feel for the ball. Hands up in pass and he get's double teamed on a regular basis. He could be the first players ever drafted to the NFL from the Charlotte 49ers. He could go as high as the 5th round.

One article has him going to the Bucs. Plus he will be playing in the Senior Bowl.

Bio
    First team all-Conference USA in 2016 .... Second Team all-Conference USA in 2015 ... concluded his career as the 49ers all-time leader in tackles (217), tackles for loss (TFL) (49.0), sacks (13) and QB hurries (33) ... in late November, 2016 Ogunjobi became the first 49er to accept an invitation to the Reese’s Senior Bowl ... in the preseason, he became the first 49er to be named to the Watch Lists of national awards like the Bednarik Award for the nation’s top defender and the Outland Trophy for the nation’s top interior lineman*... the lone 49er to start all 46 games in program history ...*single-season leader in TFL (14.5, 2015) and sacks (5.0, 2014) ... was the first player to wear the honorary #49 jersey (inaugural game vs. Campbell, Aug., 31, 2013) ... Signed with the 49ers on Feb. 1, 2012 as a member of the 49ers first-ever recruiting class ... dubbed "C-USA's Most Interesting Man" by SB Nation (Feb., 2016), Ogunjobi is double major in Computer Science and Biology who is considering applying to med school ...**named to 2014, 2015 and 2016 Conference USA Commissioner’s Honor Roll ... began playing football as a sop****re in high school.
    http://www.charlotte49ers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1083

Charlotte 49ers’ Larry Ogunjobi tries to live up to his Nigerian name

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...#storylink=cpy

Larry Ogunjobi – DT – Charlotte
    In the fifth round of the 2017 NFL draft the Bucs select Larry Ogunjobi, defensive tackle Charlotte University. This space-eating, tackling-machine is an under the radar player who people need to begin to recognize. Ogunjobi tallied a whopping 65 tackles along with three sacks and two passes defended his senior year of play.

One may say that it may have been due to his lack of competition, but have you ever heard of Ali Marpet? Licht has always taken a liking to lunch pale type players who have been off the radar, and Ogunjobi fits that mold. (continue reading)
    http://thepewterplank.com/2017/01/10...rst-edition/6/

RB/QB Matt Johnson 6'3 242 lbs. Charlotte 49ers Here is a guy with a twist that might his way onto a team as a Hybrid player. In a Wild Cat who could throw. Or a Scout team QB. You just never know.

Bio
    At Charlotte: 49ers starting QB in first two seasons will be used as a running back in his final campaign … has thrown for 5,293 yards and 41 TDs in three seasons … is 2nd all-time with 1,128 yards rushing with over 300 yards in each of his first three seasons ... averages 4.5 yards per carry in his career ...*Has thrown for 5,293 yards and 41 TDs in three seasons … starting QB in first two seasons … Signed with the 49ers on Feb. 1, 2012 as a member of the 49ers first-ever recruiting class.
    http://www.charlotte49ers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1068

Charlotte 49ers’ Matt Johnson welcomes change from quarterback to running back
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...115801518.html

LT Will Holden 6'7 312 lbs. Vanderbilt I like this guy and he isn't high in the radar, but has done enough at Vandy to warrant a hard look. He was named All Sec so he has a lot of up side to him. Holden will be playing for the East in the East West Shrine Game.

Coming out of high school he was offered 14 scholarships. One thing we know about Dave Gettleman is he likes smart players. If they are athletic and smart no matter where the yare ranking they get a shot. Not only that he fits my profile as a o-lineman. I expect him to be around a 5th-6th round pick and for his skill se tat this time he would be worth a pick here.

Bio
    Honors
    • 2016 Second Team All-SEC OL (Coaches)
    • 2016 CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
    • 2015 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll
    • 2014 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll
    • 2013 SEC Academic Honor Roll

Holden started all 13 games in his fifth year, extending his consecutive starts streak at tackle to 37 games... Played virtually every meaningful snap protecting Kyle Shurmur's blindside at left tackle.. Part of an offensive line that showed substantial improvement as the season developed... By the end of the season, Holden and the line played a huge role in running Ralph Webb becoming the team's all-time leading rusher and sop****re Kyle Shurmur producing one of the finest seasons ever by a Commodore quarterback... One of best performances during the season came during impressive win over Ole Miss, where he had key blocks on three touchdowns... The effort versus Ole Miss earned Holden SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors... Holden and the line helped the Commodore offense improved in nearly every stat category from 2015, including points scored, first downs, total yards and red-zone efficiency where the unit produced points on 43 of 46 possessions inside the 20-yard line.
    http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m...en_807650.html

Two Vanderbilt stars headed to all-star games
    Holden announced on Friday that he had accepted an invitation to play in the 92nd annual East-West Shrine game in St. Petersburg, Florida on January 21st. The Shrine game is the oldest postseason all-star game in college football and will be featured on the NFL Network. * * *Practice will begin on January 16th with an estimated 300 NFL scouts and agents in attendance*for evaluations and possible future representation. A pair of NFL coaching staffs will direct both the East and West teams throughout the practices and game.*
    A native of the Jacksonville area of Florida, Holden played in 40 games during his Vanderbilt career, making 37 starts as an offensive tackle. The 6-7, 312-pound blocker started at right tackle during his sop****re season in 2014, but moved to the left tackle position prior to the 2015 season due to a season-ending injury for Andrew Jelks that August and started his final 25 games as a Commodore at the left side of the line. Holden enjoyed a huge season this fall as he helped pave the way for Ralph Webb's second straight 1,000 yard season and helped sop****re quarterback Kyle Shurmur progress in the passing game by protecting his blindside. Holden was named second team All-SEC by the league's coaches, making him the first Commodore offensive lineman to receive all-league honors since Wesley Johnson in 2013. Holden has been projected as a potential late round pick for May's draft by several analysts.*
    Both Butler and Holden are candidates for the Reese's Senior Bowl as well as that field has yet to be announced while the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and Tropical Bowl did not select any Commodore seniors this winter as Vanderbilt had few senior eligible players during the 2016 season.*
    Vanderbilt had three seniors in postseason all-star games last year with Spencer Pulley playing in the Tropical Bowl and both Steven Scheu and Andrew Williamson both participating in the Shrine game.*

http://vanderbilt.247sports.com/Arti...games-50348291

See Here is something that stands out about Holden as a leader not only is he smart he takes the lead.

Why Vanderbilt linemen invited QB Kyle Shurmur to dinner

Vanderbilt’s offensive line has a dinner date set: Party of five plus a quarterback.
    Senior left tackle Will Holden wanted his young quarterback, sop****re Kyle Shurmur, to know that the offensive line has his back — by filling his belly. And he wants Shurmur to have the closest relationship he can with the five players protecting him this season.
    What better setting is there for that*than over a platter of Tex-Mex food?
    “We need to go catch some dinner together and get on the same page before we kick off this season on Sept. 1 (vs. South Carolina),” said Holden, who planned to get the five offensive linemen and Shurmur together for dinner Monday night, likely at Chuy’s restaurant.
    “Kyle is looking forward to it,” Holden added. “It’s an honor to come eat with the big guys, and he knows that.”
    Related

Vanderbilt calls*No. 113 ranking a 'kick in the mouth'
    How Vanderbilt upgraded each skill position on offense
    Vanderbilt duo better with a hand in the dirt

Shurmur was Vanderbilt’s fifth starting quarterback in the past two seasons when he made his debut as a true freshman in the seventh game last year. Holden not only wants a tight bond between the line and the quarterback, but he would like to share the burden of leadership.
    “It’s all about managing those relationships,” Holden said. “He has to trust us, and we have to trust him. Eating a big plate of burritos is a good place to start.”
    Holden's role for the Commodores*reaches beyond making dinner reservations.*His*voice has risen in volume and authority this offseason.

Will Holden*(Photo: Kim Klement / USA TODAY Sports)

During a recent practice in preseason camp, the offense’s effort was slipping during a steamy afternoon workout.
    Holden halted the scrimmage session, called the entire offensive roster to the sideline, and delivered a two-minute tongue-lashing that coaches knew better than to interrupt.
    “Oh yeah, I remember that very clearly,” Holden said. “It’s camp. It’s long, it’s hard, it’s hot. But if we want to get to where we’re going, there’s got to be someone to pull everyone together and open their eyes.”
    Holden’s responsibility has grown the past two seasons. He moved from right tackle to left tackle a year ago when Andrew Jelks suffered a season-ending knee injury in camp. Early in this camp, Jelks again suffered a season-ending knee injury, which solidified Holden’s permanent spot at left tackle.
    “As the left tackle, I feel a great responsibility,” Holden said. “I’m here to protect (Shurmur’s) blind side. And as a veteran up there, I need to take on*a leadership role to help him out.”
    So does Holden’s assistance of Shurmur include picking up the check at dinner?
    “No way. We’re all paying for our own,” Holden said. “We are his offensive line, but we’re still just college players. This isn’t the NFL.”
    Reach Adam Sparks at 615-259-8010 and on Twitter @AdamSparks.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...nner/89106664/

See some players I research need to these things on the resume about being vocal. Take Ryan Kalil, Thomas Davis, Greg Olsen and Ex Panther LT Jordon Gross. You had leaders getting after these guys to be their best. It's not always the best players that are better athletically, but smart players working together as a group. These guys like Holden are rare IMO in life. There are those who are leaders and then there are those who are followers. If who have all followers what direction do you go?

RB Jamaal Williams 6'2 220 lbs. BYU (Senior Bowl)

This guy dropped off my radar and Panther GF put him up on another thread. The only draw or hit on him is his arrest for Drinking under the age limit. So this will come down to his interviews.

Bio
    http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-foot...amaal-williams

Jamaal Williams becomes BYU's career rushing leader
    PROVO, Utah - BYU running back Jamaal Williams reached 3,468 yards in a double overtime game against Mississippi State Friday night, giving him the school record for career rushing yards.
    The crowd honored him with a standing ovation and a special banner draped across the student section after a nine-yard run to set up BYU's first touchdown in overtime. The Cougars scored again in double overtime and stopped the Bulldogs on fourth down to seal the win.
    Williams passed Harvey Unga for the most in BYU history. He finished the night with 26 carries and 76 yards against a stout Mississippi State run defense.*
    Williams is having a banner year as a senior in 2016, with 942 rushing yards this season. He is No. 2 nationally in rushing yards.
    The 6-foot-2, 220-pounder came to BYU as a 17-year old freshman in 2012 and broke every true freshman rushing record at BYU with 166 carries, 775 yards and 12 touchdowns. During his sop****re campaign he burst onto the national scene after being named a Doak Walker watch list honoree and finished the year with 1,233 yards and seven touchdowns on 217 carries.
    His junior season was injury riddled but Williams still amassed 518 yards and four touchdowns in just seven games.
    After missing the 2015 season, Williams returned in 2016 with the rushing record in his sights and already has four games of 160 rushing yards or more. He set another school record with 286 rushing yards in a single game against Toledo, breaking the old mark of 272 yards by Eldon Fortie that stood for over 50 years. He also scored five touchdowns in the game, tying another school record.
    He has 14 career*games of at least 100 rushing yards, one shy of the school record.
    With five regular-season games remaining and a possible bowl game, Williams can top several other records at BYU including the single-season rushing mark set by Luke Staley in 2001 with 1,582 yards.
    http://byucougars.com/blog/m-footbal...rushing-leader

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. likes possibilities for former BYU running back Jamaal Williams
    Kiper said on a conference call Thursday that this is a deep draft for running backs and that anyone of them could be successful. He said he's given Williams a third-round grade.
    "This is a kid who has enough wiggle and he gets the tough yards," Kiper said.

He said he has Williams right behind running backs Samaje Perine from Oklahoma and Matt Days from North Carolina State.
    http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/co...bc6da5a5b.html

Jamaal Williams: The Ultimate Competitor
    In any discussion about running backs, terms like vision, burst, acceleration, agility and power will be thrown around with regularity. All are crucial to the evaluation of a running back. If you turn on the tape of BYU’s 2016 opener vs the Arizona Wildcats, Williams displays all of those traits.
    It is early in the 3rd quarter and BYU has a 1st down just inside Arizona territory. The offense lines up in a 3×1 wing formation from their 12 personnel package and Arizona responds with 6 defenders in the box and two safeties less than 10 yards off the ball. Williams (#21) receives the ball on a zone play to his right and presses his primary read just inside the right tackle. This gets the Arizona defensive tackle and safety both flowing to the outside, giving Williams a cutback lane behind the center. He cuts upfield, gets skinny through the hole while accelerating until he is met by two Wildcat defenders. Those two defenders were not enough to bring Williams down though. Williams demonstrates excellent play strength by dropping his pads and driving his legs through contact and breaks free.

He is not done, however, as the backside cornerback comes from across the field and squares him up for the tackle. Williams displays an excellent jump cut leaving the Wildcat defender on the ground and accelerates downfield defeating the pursuit angles of the entire Arizona defense before being pushed out of bounds after a 40-yard gain.
    Despite this, it would be unfair to Williams to simply show his highlight reel clips because he brings so much more to the table as an NFL prospect. After watching several of his games, the trait that stands out to me the most is Williams’ competitiveness. Competitiveness is a trait that can be hard to evaluate in highlight reels. It is easy to be at the top of your game when everything is going your way. Williams stood out to me the most when things weren’t going his or his team’s way.
    http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2017-n...te-competitor/