Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    FS Marcus Williams 6'1 195 lbs. Utah Utes. What makes this guy special? Is it his Vertical leap, Hands, nose for the ball, speed and a down hill hitman. Those are all great, but he brings what the Panther miss in a trash talker on the field like Josh Norman.

Speaking of Norman I would hate to think he could paired with Norman on the Redskins. Two trash talkers to get in the heads of WR's.
    Look at his stats. I go Wow.

Bio
    UTAH: Two-time All-Pac-12 safety declared for the NFL Draft following his junior year … starter since his true freshman season … played in 37 of 39 games in his career (missed two with injury) with 30 starts … 11 career interceptions and 19 career passes defended … two-time first-team All-Pac-12 Academic.
    https://www.utahutes.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=771

Utah football: Safety Marcus Williams has been special find for Utes

What does Williams do? Everything.

In its early season All-America team, Pro Football Focus revealed that the 6-foot-1, 195-pound Williams was the only safety to get both a top-four rushing and passing grade in its system. Against San Jose State, Williams did not allow a catch in his coverage area on 39 pass attempts. He's picked off two passes and recovered two fumbles this season.

"I'm always licking my chops every game," he said. "I'm ball-hungry, so I'm gonna go get the ball."

Not that he can't hit when needed: He's tied for second with 24 tackles this year, including eight against USC as Utah's front seven struggled to contain the run game. His stop of JuJu Smith-Schuster on third down led to a punt that allowed Utah's game-winning drive.

Williams' game is powered by immense physical gifts: He has a 38-inch vertical leap (best on the team) that allows him to high-point passes. His sideline-to-sideline speed is probably the best among Utah's defenders, and it's rare to see a quarterback throw deep on Utah's secondary and Williams not at least contest the targeted receiver.

Then there's Williams, who watches as much as two hours of film per day throughout the week. Even on game day, Hatfield spies him watching clips of the receivers and quarterback they'll be facing in only a few hours.

Those clips are a gold mine for Williams: They tell him what routes the receivers like to run. They tell him how the quarterback will try to look him off his coverage. He reads the ways that the offense will try to attack — and how they'll be vulnerable. This is a trait most say has been drilled in by Scalley.

Williams is a loud trash-talker on the field, and Young says the sound of his "squeaky voice" has grown on the team.
    Continue reading.
    http://www.sltrib.com/home/4413999-1...s-williams-has

Washington Redskins 2017 Draft Profiles: Marcus Williams, FS
    http://www.hogshaven.com/2017/2/26/1...us-williams-fs

Marcus Williams
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ams?id=2558068

Marcus Williams || Ultimate Utah Highlights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TbND3Vxg4I

Last edited by Duane; 03-01-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    “You must learn how to hold a team together. You must lift some men up, calm others down, until finally they’ve got one heartbeat. Then you’ve got yourself a team.” Bear Bryant

FS/SS Obi Melifonwu 6'4 219 lbs. UConn. This guy is a beast and I can see him getting stronger both in pass coverage and Run stopping. Look IMO WR's are getting bigger along with TE's. Though there is a fine line between the Big WR's and the Slot smaller fast twitch WR's. Then you got to think about the shifty RB's who can catch like Dalvin Cook. So not only do you Safeties and CB's who can do it all you need LB's who can cover as a well.

So watching College ball I have notched some teams through in a 33 stack or a 326 cover zone. Obi Melifonwu is one of those guys who is a hybrid player that is between a FS/SS/OLB with CB skills to. Most NFL teams pick a position for a player like him like SS who can come down hill and tackle. Big enough to eat up a Throwing lane on a screen coming off the corner. Obi Melifonwu is big enough and long enough to play press coverage. Even if his coverage skills lack or he is a step behind his length could possibly de the difference maker like Josh Harvey Clemsons from Clemson. So it is possible to take one of these guys.

Each year he steadily improved and that is great to see. So he hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Bio
    2016: Was named first team All-American Athletic Conference and also earned All-ECAC and All-New England honors...started in all 12 games at safety...racked up a team-high 128 tackles and four interceptions...also had 2.0 tackles for loss and a fumble recovery...compiled seven double-digit tackle games...recorded a career-high and near UConn record 24 tackles vs. Tulane (Nov. 26)...Had a pair of interceptions vs. Temple (Nov. 4)...played in the 2017 Senior Bowl.*

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...wu_809934.html

Obi Melifonwu 2017 NFL Draft scouting report
    Raw Talent
    Melifonwu is my pick to be one of the participants who “blows up” the combine in a few weeks. He measured in at an even 6’4” and 219 pounds at the Senior Bowl, which is gargantuan size for a safety. Media members on hand raved about his chiseled frame. On film, Melifonwu moves like he’s 6’1”, 200. Minimal stiffness. Explosive burst. Adequately fluid lateral agility. Impressive straight-line speed. Out of nowhere, UConn sends premier athletes to the NFL (check the combine workouts of Byron Jones, Kendall Reyes, Geremy Davis, Donald Brown etc. Remember, Marcus Easley had quite the combine workout too.) Melifonwu truly stands out as a tremendous athlete among an assortment great athletes.
    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017...couting-report
    Continue reading and watching the clips in the above Article.

UConn's Obi Melifonwu, a freakish athlete, believes he has the versatility required of modern NFL safeties

A skill set like the one Melifonwu believes he can bring to a team is perfect for the modern game. With so many offenses lining up in three-receiver or four-receiver sets, NFL defenses spend most of their time in nickel packages with five defensive backs, and the fifth slot is increasingly going to a third safety.*

Under Dennis Allen, the New Orleans Saints played a three-safety personnel package as their "base" defense last season, using Kenny Vaccaro as a Swiss Army knife and playing Vonn Bell and Jairus Byrd along with him. New Orleans wasn't the only team to use three safeties extensively; Detroit used it as much as the Saints, and New England employed the strategy at times.

Fitting into those schemes requires a safety who can play a variety of different roles, and Melifonwu believes he fits the bill.

"Being a versatile safety definitely helps because you can cover the slot, you can cover the tight end, you can play in the post," Melifonwu said. "It's something that I pride myself on; I feel like I can do all of it."

"There's something about defense that's like no other," Melifonwu said. "You have to communicate, you have to be around the ball. On offense, if you're a running back or receiver, you might not get touches, but on defense, you're around the ball a lot."

Melifonwu has also displayed an ability to pick up defenses quickly, a skill made necessary by constant coaching changes at Connecticut as the Huskies shifted from Brown and head coach Paul Pasqualoni to new coach Bob Diaco, who was fired last year.*

"Playing at UConn is going to help me in the NFL, because I had a lot of coaching changes, a lot of defensive changes, I interchanged between field safety and strong safety,," Melifonwu said. "There were just a lot of things that will transfer over."
    http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...afd624385.html

Combine Profile
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...nwu?id=2558189

Last edited by Duane; 03-01-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    “You must learn how to hold a team together. You must lift some men up, calm others down, until finally they’ve got one heartbeat. Then you’ve got yourself a team.” Bear Bryant

WR Dede Westbrook 6'0 178 lbs. 30 5/8" arms 9" hands. Oklahoma.

Could he be a Panthers WR? No. Just found out after the combine he has had 2 Assault charges against his girl friend who is the mother of 2 of his kids. Also missed Child support payments

Players stand out when you are not looking and Westbrook is another that caught me off guard In a great way. If John Ross is gone this young man sure could be a Top Gun and turn and burn. I was watching he video of his pro day and he was sliding on the turf. At first I thought he just had Tennis shoes on, but the spikes looked more like golf shoe length. So I'm sure his drill times are faster than what they say. He is fast twitch guy and you really need to watch all the videos. Arm length and Hangs are questionable looking at the numbers, but In game you just say wow! I would like to see more muscle, but for his frame 8 reps isn't bad.

Bio
    One of five Heisman Trophy finalists (along with teammate Baker Mayfield) and finished fourth in voting ... OU's first winner of the Biletnikoff Award (outstanding receiver) ... One of four finalists for the Paul Hornung Award (most versatile player in major college football) ... One of 18 semifinalists (the only receiver) for the Maxwell Award (college player of the year) ... Set the school single-season record with 17 receiving TDs ... Recorded at least 100 receiving yards in eight of OU's nine Big 12 games and 88 in the other ... Led all Power 5 players in receiving yards (1,524) and receiving TDs per game (1.31) while ranking third in receiving yards per game (117.2) ... 1,370 of his 1,524 receiving yards and all 17 of his receiving TDs came in the last 10 games (most receiving yards and TDs in a 10-game stretch in school history); was slowed by a hamstring injury in season’s first three games ... His 17 receiving scores over the final 10 games were more than 43 teams had on the season and covered an average of 46.3 yards (the highest average in the last seven years among FBS players with at least 12 TDs in a season)
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=209874547

Westbrook Wins OU’s First Biletnikoff Award
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...211347591&KEY=

Pro Day video

4.38/4.34-40, Vertical. 34.5", Broad Jump 10" even, 20 yard shuttle 4.34, 60 yard shuttle 11.88, 3 cone 7.24, Bench 8 reps.

http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPor...b_oem_id=31000

Dede Westbrook Combine
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ook?id=2557895

Mayfield and Westbrook Two of the Heisman finalist from the same school
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211341627

Last edited by Duane; 03-23-2017 at 03:30 PM.

RG/RT/C Dustin Stanton 6'6 305 lbs. Oregon State UDFA no combine invite. But he played pretty good against Solomon Thomas Stanford. I think most know him. Anyway This guy has been busy and has made some contacts to get his NFL career moving.

So this guy is smart he went to a sports facility where a Ex center from the Raiders a 10 year veteran. Then snapping the ball to a 6'5 QB might some remember before Tom Brady in Drew Bledsoe. I picked up on this when Panthergf posted that John Matsko went to Oregon State to work out a LT. I was not impressed with #77 game at all. Though Stanton #74 RG wasn't bad. Needs some meat on those bones which he stated In the article Below he has added 7 lbs. of Muscle eating 6300 carbs a day. Read

Bio
    30 career starts 21 at right tackle and nine at right guard
    Converted tight end, moved to offensive tackle as a redshirt freshman
    Graduated in December with a degree in business administration with an option in entrepreneurship

The title below says it all. Drew Beldsoe, Raiders etc. You really should read.

Dustin Stanton's NFL Draft diary: Training for Pro Day in Bend 'the perfect setup'

March 11, 2017

I'm training here in Bend with Kevin Boss. He played in the NFL for over six years. He won Super Bowl XLII with the Giants. He's from Philomath and went to Western Oregon,

Tracy's husband Adam, who played center for the Raiders in the NFL for 10 years, I work with him twice a week. I've learned so much for him. I've been getting a ton of reps at center, which is great. I talked to an Atlanta Falcons scout after my regional combine up in Seattle, and he said he would draft me as a guard or a center. So after hearing that, I was like, "Well, I want to learn center now." And then long snapping, too. The past couple weeks, I've kind of got that down. That's just been huge, as well. Drew Bledsoe (who coaches at Summit High School) works out at Boss Sports Performance. I've just become friends with Drew. I snap to him on a weekly basis, and he's like, "Your snaps are good. They're consistent and they're forceful." There's no better feedback. It's kind of the best of the best. I'm just blessed to have this opportunity and be in this experience and this place and these great people. We've definitely gotten after it the past 10 weeks, and the numbers don't lie.

For the first session, everything is dumbed down a little bit and very specific. You're working on very specific muscles and the way they move and work together with other muscles. It's like, "Man, that was it?" but by the end of that week, you're like, "Whew, alright." Combined together, it's like your body's done for that week. It's very interesting, this type of training, but it's been awesome. It's hard to explain, but for a 5-10-5 shuttle, for example, for training for that, you've got to put certain muscles together to activate in certain ways so you're going to be the most powerful that you can be and the fastest that you can be out of a position. There's muscles that I feel now that I've never felt, and I'm just moving the way I've never moved before. It's been really cool. I can kind of pinpoint different muscles in my legs or my external obliques that just weren't connected the same way to my brain.

continue reading.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/in...raft_diar.html

At 23:56 in this game #33 OLB Mike Tyler 6'5 235 lbs. ( No Combine Invite) Takes his Left Arm on a Bull Rush and Drives #77 LT Sean Harlow 6'4 303 lbs. into #3 QB Marcus McMaryion 6'1 204 lbs. To throw early and off balance. Then in the first Quarter they are playing away from Solomon Thomas who is plying LDE or DT.

Now RG # 74 Dustin Stanton with a little help fro ma chip block from the RT Pancakes #90 Solomon Thomas. 29:22 LG flagged for holding.

I swear I don't know who is scouting for the Panthers, but if you can't see OLB Mike Tyler hold off at arm length LT Sean Harlow who has 32" arms. What are they thinking?
    Not even out of the 1st quarter.

Oregon St. 2016 season 4-8 (Overall) 3-6 (Conf.)