Seahawks extend Bennett...

For 3 additional years.

The Seahawks for their part now have Bennett, Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor and Doug Baldwin all under contract for the foreseeable future, ensuring a core of quality players on the roster that will make Seattle a contender for the next half decade or so.

This is a GM who is doing his job. I'm sure the Panthers GM is on the job also, or did he take Christmas and New Years off?

Gettleman doesn't do contracts during the season. I'm sure come January/February he'll start making some moves.

It was somewhat of a joke. However, what DG did this year might constitute him changing his philosophy in several areas.. In addition, the "season" as far as I am concerned was over last week.

DG should start with KK and Star, then go from there. Norwell, Ginn (PR duties), Klein and Remmers (out of desperation) are the next tier; probably wanting decent money, but I don't think have enough stock to test the open market. The rest of the FAs shouldn't be that hard/expensive to sign.

All Pro
    No Addison or Horton 45? Our 2 (arguably) best de this year? Run n pass good for both. Although Addison n Horton were b/u's they held the line. Both started this year. Both fa's?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh21 View Post
    No Addison or Horton 45? Our 2 (arguably) best de this year? Run n pass good for both. Although Addison n Horton were b/u's they held the line. Both started this year. Both fa's?
    Addison has just come into his own this year, not even a good enough numbers to demand big money. He's been strictly a rotational player with some edge ability. Mario will get a fair offer, but shouldn't overvalue his market based off this above average season. Horton should be lucky he has a job since he's been cut several times. Wes played well down the stretch the past few games, but nothing fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by 45catfan View Post
    Addison has just come into his own this year, not even a good enough numbers to demand big money. He's been strictly a rotational player with some edge ability. Mario will get a fair offer, but shouldn't overvalue his market based off this above average season. Horton should be lucky he has a job since he's been cut several times. Wes played well down the stretch the past few games, but nothing fantastic.
    I've always felt like Rivera over looked talent at times, in particular when he has a veteran playing in front of said talent. I think playing CJ in front of Mario all these years is a good example. CJ has been the guy getting paid so Rivera has played him. Mario has had at least 6 sacks in each of the past 3 years and that's been in a back-up role. CJ had 8.5 3years ago, 1 last yr and 4 this yr.
    What I'm saying is, just because Rivera has used Mario as a specialty player doesn't mean he's not an every down player. Mario has been just as good as CJ against the run or IMO better than CJ. Rivera will play the guy being paid; Bill Belichick will play talent; something I think Rivera needs to learn from.

Even Wes Horton is out performing CJ IMO. I respect CJ, especially his experience but he struggles to stay healthy and his best days are behind him.
    Ealy has been a disappointment this year and IMO we would've been better off starting Mario and Horton this year. I'm not saying they're great players but I believe they're the two best DEs we currently have.
    Be patient; we gonna win SB52