Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All Pro

Too early mock by position (suggestions)

I say a de/rb in 1st n second. A ss, fb, n ol after that. Don't follow college, so just positions I'd like. Any fits for later rounds? Or rb/de?

All Pro
    High (8th) pick in rounds 1-3. Missing 4th n 7th?

We have all our picks plus a compensatory pick in the 3rd for losing Josh Norman...maybe more and two in the 7th. So far 9 picks and nearly all at the top of each round. Should walk away with some decent talent IF we choose wisely.

I'm not a big college guy myself, but take time to snoop around websites and gather your own opinion. Do you honestly think that these college 'experts' sit and watch every game on Saturdays? Most get their information from diving in and researching on the internet. Honestly, each November I have no idea who the top guys would be and by March/April I can predict the first round of the draft...even some of the second fairly accurately. It's all about how much interest you have and time invested sitting in front of your computer.
    Last edited by 45catfan; 01-10-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45catfan View Post
    We have all our picks plus a compensatory pick in the 3rd for losing Josh Norman...maybe more and two in the 7th. So far 9 picks and nearly all at the top of each round. Should walk away with some decent talent IF we choose wisely.

I'm not a big college guy myself, but take time to snoop around websites and gather your own opinion. Do you honestly think that these college 'experts' sit and watch every game on Saturdays? Most get their information from diving in and researching on the internet. Honestly, each November I have no idea who the top guys would be and by March/April I can predict the first round of the draft...even some of the second fairly accurately. It's all about how much interest you have and time invested sitting in front of your computer.
    The only RB I want in the first round is Dalvin Cook. If it's not him, then I'll pass to later in the draft and take the best remaining DE. Mocks are iffy at that point, some think DE Barnette is worth taking that high and others have him going in the middle of the round. I guess it will depend on how his offseason showings go. Several mocks have the top DBs starting to come off the board about this time. As I have stated elsewhere, a top 10 pick is too high for DBs unless they are a one-in-a-generation type player and I don't think any of them are. I have cooled on OT just because this draft is weak there. Not to say I don't want an OT, just not at #8 because the value isn't there yet. Again, we haven't seen the offseason measurables to date. If one guy starts to shine and his draft stock rises, I may change my opinion.

All Pro
    I'd love the best de available. To fit us. Our 2nd best graded is there I'd take him, unless we like a wr (speed w/ hands)/s (slobber knocker) better. I'd guess de. Just first round. Don't know who we target, but my guess now!

All Pro
    Then rb/s/ol (run mauler w/ footwork)/wr in round 2. Others not chosen get later. I miss any needs? B/s CB depth... My guess so far.
    Last edited by Josh21; 01-12-2017 at 12:00 AM.

1st I would like to say I'm blessed to be apart of the family! GO PANTHERS!!! #tribe17

I would like MIKE WILLIAMS @8 he brings a different dynamic/versital play to our system with cam at qb and play book gets open.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintBeasttwood View Post
    1st I would like to say I'm blessed to be apart of the family! GO PANTHERS!!! #tribe17

I would like MIKE WILLIAMS @8 he brings a different dynamic/versital play to our system with cam at qb and play book gets open.
    First off, Welcome! I would have to disagree with you as we have enough WRs and Mike Williams...while good, is not a OBJ-type guy that can take over a game. At least in my opinion. He'll make a decent pro, but I don't foresee him being a dominant force. In terms of lacking depth, WR is not one of them. OT, DE, RB, TE and S are all positions I would draft before a flanker WR. If we take a wideout, a slot guy to groom to replace Ginn in a year or two or supplant him would benefit the team more than another tall guy outside the hashes.

Booooo! Y'all know we need help at wr get the best 1 on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintBeasttwood View Post
    Booooo! Y'all know we need help at wr get the best 1 on the board.
    Wide receiver is the least of our worries. Could we use one smaller and speedier receiver? Yes but we aren't in such desperate need of a receiver we need to waste a 1st round top 10 pick on one especially one with similar skill sets to TWO of the receivers we already have on this roster (Funchess & KB).

Maybe in the middle rounds from round 3 to 5 but I can pretty much 99% guarantee wide receiver is not even in play in the 1st round at pick 8.

They're more important needs that will be addressed & more than likely higher on our big board if available (and probably available) in the first round like DE, S, & RB.

Even if wide receiver was a major need like I said in my first paragraph Mike Williams doesn't fit the mold of receiver this roster is in need of. I would be willing to bet your a Clemson fan though based on how much you like him.

We need a Sterling Shepard type of receiver and rumor was in the last draft we had high interest in Shepard in the 2nd round had he fallen to us.

So I would turn my gaze away from Mike Williams and if your interested in us possibly picking up a receiver in the draft I would look more towards the good route runners who are a little smaller and speedier that can create separation. Mainly the ones who might fall into rounds 3-5.

If we happen to pick up one in free agency to fill that role then I wouldn't look for us to draft a receiver at all.
    Last edited by panthergf; 01-13-2017 at 09:04 PM.