Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by panthergf View Post
    Wide receiver is the least of our worries. Could we use one smaller and speedier receiver? Yes but we aren't in such desperate need of a receiver we need to waste a 1st round top 10 pick on one especially one with similar skill sets to TWO of the receivers we already have on this roster (Funchess & KB).

Maybe in the middle rounds from round 3 to 5 but I can pretty much 99% guarantee wide receiver is not even in play in the 1st round at pick 8.

They're more important needs that will be addressed & more than likely higher on our big board if available (and probably available) in the first round like DE, S, & RB.

Even if wide receiver was a major need like I said in my first paragraph Mike Williams doesn't fit the mold of receiver this roster is in need of. I would be willing to bet your a Clemson fan though based on how much you like him.

We need a Sterling Shepard type of receiver and rumor was in the last draft we had high interest in Shepard in the 2nd round had he fallen to us.

So I would turn my gaze away from Mike Williams and if your interested in us possibly picking up a receiver in the draft I would look more towards the good route runners who are a little smaller and speedier that can create separation. Mainly the ones who might fall into rounds 3-5.

If we happen to pick up one in free agency to fill that role then I wouldn't look for us to draft a receiver at all.

Imma fan of winning rings and making history you express good points I pick the Clemson wideout at 8 just to keep stars on are offense up and making plays. We have to good of a defense and are main struggle last year was points we didn't light up the scoreboard like we were suppose to and in this division you need points to win games and playmakers to make plays.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintBeasttwood View Post
    Imma fan of winning rings and making history you express good points I pick the Clemson wideout at 8 just to keep stars on are offense up and making plays. We have to good of a defense and are main struggle last year was points we didn't light up the scoreboard like we were suppose to and in this division you need points to win games and playmakers to make plays.
    We lit up the scoreboard in 2015 with a group of no names at WR...Ted Ginn Jr. being the one most considered a household name. Actually lead the League in scoring. Can't see anything that Williams offers that KB or Funchess doesn't outside of being a little faster than those two. Again, Williams will be a decent pro...it's just this team doesn't need ANOTHER flanker WR...especially at #8 overall.

I just saw one mock over at CBS.com that had Fournette, Cook, Thomas and Barnett STILL on the board at #8 (QB heavy top 10). What in the world do you do in that scenario???? I know they have got the board ranked in the war room, but honestly with those options, it would still be tough just to dismiss the other guys and pluck the top name off the board without some second thoughts.