Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Joe mixon or samaje perine

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    #2 Samaje Perine 5'10 235 lbs. Oklahoma.

Ok some think RB Joe Mixon is a better RB, but 4100 yards by Perine makes him a brick at RB.

When you see Perine run it's pretty. Yeah pretty In he is going to hurt you real quick as strong as he is. Benching 225 lbs. 100 times no typo. I'm not a guy who likes a smaller RB, but you can't deny the talent he has.

BIO
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=209396602

Oklahoma football: Samaje Perine is insanely strong
    http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklaho...105396cad.html

Samaje Perine Scouting Report: Anything but average
    Samaje Perine may have been out-rushed this season by fellow 2017 prospect, Joe Mixon, but Perine has been a key cog in the Sooners offense since his freshman year. In three seasons, Perine accounted for over 4100 yards rushing at six yards a carry and a whopping 49 touchdowns on the ground. While his numbers dipped after an incredible freshman season due to Joe Mixon taking caries away, Perine never rushed for less than 1000 yards or 12 touchdowns.
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ng-but-average

You need to read the above article and watch the clips.

Samaje Perine breaks Oklahoma's all-time rushing record in Sugar Bowl win
    http://www.usatoday.com/videos/sport...-win/96103574/

Ultimate Samaje Perine Highlights | HD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE

I swear if you watch this he reminds you of J stew when healthy.

I think Joe Mixon is an excellent choice, he's a threat on the run and as a reciver... he's elusive and will out run alot of defenders...

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiz View Post
    I think Joe Mixon is an excellent choice, he's a threat on the run and as a reciver... he's elusive and will out run alot of defenders...
    We are talking off the field issues with Cook but someone like Mixon won't get a sniff from the Panthers after this happened and is on video for the public:

The years-long Joe Mixon saga is back in the news, as the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled that "the video recording of University of Oklahoma football player Joe Mixon punching a woman in a Norman restaurant must be released for public viewing," the Tulsa World reported in December 2016, though an appeal could delay the release until 2017.

Mixon was arrested and charged for punching a woman in the face at a cafe, breaking four bones in her face, in July 2014 before his freshman season with the Sooners began. He entered an Alford plea, maintaining his innocence but recognizing the evidence against him, and received a deferred sentence. He was also suspended for his entire freshman season, but he was allowed to remain in school.

The video of the incident has never been released, but journalists who saw it provided graphic detail. Here's a look at the full timeline of the situation.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...video-oklahoma
    Last edited by panthergf; 01-28-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by firstchance1 View Post
    I agree but will add...or trade back a few slots to still get the DE you actually would prefer who you feel will still be available or the best OT tackle in the draft who you tie up for an extra year. I think we have lots of options...not to mention that the difference in salary to an 8 verses an 11-14 is more gun powder.
    I don't feel like they are going to reach for a tackle. I get the feeling that position will be addressed in Free Agency or by trade. DE is in play maybe Allen if he is there. I am just not sure Barnett is a top 10 pick. I think if we go offense though and this Cook off the field situation does scare them away. Then it's likely they go Fournette if he is there.

The only guys I might take over a back is Adams and Allen. If we went defense. Both could likely be gone. The only way I see them trading back could be to go get some extra picks and maybe take O.J. Howard.

Mattering on what they find on Cook he could still be in play. I was looking up some of the reports. Everything is inconsistent regarding the incident and trial which only lasted a day but there are some other things that might scare the Panthers away in his past. Like I said if he shows up on our visits and workouts you have to assume they did their research and feel comfortable moving forward with him after the Combine.

Some more stuff on Cook's background when you dig a little further. I was watching an old news report on the incident with the woman and it appears the season before that he was named in another incident. Here is the other one from 2014.

According to a press release from the TDP, authorities did not include documents from an open case involving FSU freshman running back Dalvin Cook.

"While several of the reports requested involve open and active cases, one of note, involves an aggravated assault by two men who are alleged to have brandished a firearm at a neighbor on July 17th, 2014," the release read. "Dalvin Cook, a current FSU football player is listed as an associate in the case. The case is under investigation and once complete, it will be provided as an update to this release."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...-assault-case/
    So here is a timeline of some background with Cook at college until now:

2014 - Named as an associate in a case of aggravated assault by two men brandishing a firearm (never charged)

2014 - Received a citation for a violation of animal care. He allegedly left three pitbull puppies chained up by the neck outside, with some choking.

2015 - Accused of punching a woman. Went to trial and found not guilty due to inconsistencies in the case.

2017 - NFL Scouts worried about the people he hangs out with, multiple shoulder injuries, and his drinking.

I still think if he shows up on our workout list it's a sign we have done our background on the guy and feel comfortable moving forward with him. I am like everyone else the more you dig into his background and read the rumors the scouts are saying about him. The more concerning it is especially when you know how our team's staff is.
    Last edited by panthergf; 01-29-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by panthergf View Post
    Some more stuff on Cook's background when you dig a little further. I was watching an old news report on the incident with the woman and it appears the season before that he was named in another incident. Here is the other one from 2014.

So here is a timeline of some background with Cook at college until now:

2014 - Named as an associate in a case of aggravated assault by two men brandishing a firearm (never charged)

2014 - Received a citation for a violation of animal care. He allegedly left three pitbull puppies chained up by the neck outside, with some choking.

2015 - Accused of punching a woman. Went to trial and found not guilty due to inconsistencies in the case.

2017 - NFL Scouts worried about the people he hangs out with, multiple shoulder injuries, and his drinking.

I still think if he shows up on our workout list it's a sign we have done our background on the guy and feel comfortable moving forward with him. I am like everyone else the more you dig into his background and read the rumors the scouts are saying about him. The more concerning it is especially when you know how our team's staff is.
    One charge and it was not guilty. I would like to hear the actual story. My concern is his friends. All of those instances, including the dogs, can be linked to associations. The only time I have seen instances of dogs being treated like that are in poorer neighborhoods. The incident of the alleged punching of a woman was outside a club, I believe. Again, probably out with friends.

I sounds to me like if the guy can leave his troublesome boyhood friends behind (that's a hard thing to do) and turn a page into a professional on and OFF the field...I'd love to have him. Trust me, I was no saint when I was a teenager either. I was able to avoid major trouble somehow even though I should have got in trouble many times over. It's ultimately up to Dalvin. It's tough just dropping long time acquaintances.
    Last edited by 45catfan; 02-11-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Some Fournette clips everyone should watch:

https://storify.com/JoshNorris/leonard-fournette-clips

MVP
    If it's Fournette or Adams, who ya got?

Btw we'd be lucky to get either! Both may be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh21 View Post
    If it's Fournette or Adams, who ya got?

Btw we'd be lucky to get either! Both may be gone!
    Adams might be the only one I take over Fournette at 8. It's a really tough call. Matters what we do in free agency in the secondary I guess but still it would be tough to pass on a guy like Adams if he falls.

Here you go. I have no reason to believe that Fournette will be any better than Stewart and we already have him. On paper, Stewart is the better back comparing apples to apples. Stewart's combine (*coming off toe surgery*).

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerp...Stewart&i=8083

Better combine all around. Only 5 pounds lighter but 2 inches shorter...so call it equal. Call me crazy, but I haven't recalled Stewart (the better athlete) trucking over NFL linebackers every time he get's the ball since 2008. I think people get wrapped up in film of 'big boys' playing college talent. Fournette is NFL talent and has been for at least a couple years now, playing college guys. That WILL NOT translate to the next level. They are all 'big boys' here. He's not going to mow down 220 pound LBs in the League. (A) the LBs will be at least a big as he is and (B) DBs will actually make an attempt to tackle him in the NFL not just flail at his ankles and (C) he's not going to get those huge lanes consistently that the LSU O-line gave him at this level.