Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots overrated

Patriots overrated

I'm not gonna lie on know these guys are professionals, but come on, this is seriously the weakest patriots team in the last 13 years, their defense isn't at full strength, if aqib talibis out we are gonna make it rain on these guys, he has no welker, amendola is a chump, and all the other receivers are nobodies, its a fact that brady makes his receivers look good, like drew brees and peyton. But, if our defense controls their offense this game won't even be close, and i know going against new england and their coach is tough, if we control the TE and not allow their running game to breathe their offense is shot, which is rare for a typically good offensive pats team, their defense the past there to four years has been atrocious, no wilfork of jerod mayo will decimate the middle, i expect us to have 200 yards in rushing, final score i think will be 28-10, i can't see them score more than a touchdown i really don't. It just depends which team shows up the panthers that play with intensity and passion like last week, or the panthers that play flat like the past two years.

Talib is expected to play, but Mayo and Wilfork are definitely out, this means we should have some success running the ball. The real question is whether our secondary can hold up. If they can be physical and jam the receivers at the LOS then our pass rush should dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsanchez56 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie on know these guys are professionals, but come on, this is seriously the weakest patriots team in the last 13 years, their defense isn't at full strength, if aqib talibis out we are gonna make it rain on these guys, he has no welker, amendola is a chump, and all the other receivers are nobodies, its a fact that brady makes his receivers look good, like drew brees and peyton. But, if our defense controls their offense this game won't even be close, and i know going against new england and their coach is tough, if we control the TE and not allow their running game to breathe their offense is shot, which is rare for a typically good offensive pats team, their defense the past there to four years has been atrocious, no wilfork of jerod mayo will decimate the middle, i expect us to have 200 yards in rushing, final score i think will be 28-10, i can't see them score more than a touchdown i really don't. It just depends which team shows up the panthers that play with intensity and passion like last week, or the panthers that play flat like the past two years.

Patriots overrated?Amendola a chump?overrated is usually a word used for a team that isn't that good.You would have to agree that Brady and this offense will be your biggest challenge this year.This is going to be the biggest game on the biggest stage for the Panthers in a few years,where as this is old school for the Pats,that is something to think about.
    Both teams are well coached teams which win turnover battles and are also the least penalized teams in the NFL
    Both teams should make it to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevrolet View Post
    Patriots overrated?Amendola a chump?overrated is usually a word used for a team that isn't that good.You would have to agree that Brady and this offense will be your biggest challenge this year.This is going to be the biggest game on the biggest stage for the Panthers in a few years,where as this is old school for the Pats,that is something to think about.
    Both teams are well coached teams which win turnover battles and are also the least penalized teams in the NFL
    Both teams should make it to the playoffs.
    I don't think Jacob is trying to offend the Patriot fans that are new here. What he is trying to say is agreeable. This Patriots team is not as good as the Patriot teams of the last decade. While they do have a good stable of running backs that have been better than the norm they are lacking in a lot of other areas that used to be their strength. Wide receiver - Amendola is no Welker. I knew this when he arrived. He has talent but is always hurt. Kembrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson will be good weapons eventually, but are not there yet. They are too inconsistant, which is a word that has never been associated with Tom Brady. Brandon Boldin is no Danny Woodhead and they haven't had a replacement for Aaron Hernandez yet (Zach Sudfield - not the answer). Gronk has been looking good since he came back from injury, and will need to have another huge game to move the offense. The defense is also banged up, and while they do have Talib, it doesn't affect the running game. If they can't fill their gaps Cam Newton and Co. could have a field day.

Bottom line is this: the Pats had a coming out party against the Steelers in their last game, which understandably has their confidence at an all time high this year. But the Panthers are also coming off a huge win in San Fran, boosting their confidence as well. So if both teams are on the mountain top right now we should have the best of both worlds on Monday night (offense vs. defense), and while I agree with Jacob that the potential is there for this game to get out of hand (as far as the match up goes), I think the coaching will keep it close and in the end, turnovers will be the key ingredient for this victory.

I personally think the 49ers were alot bigger challenge. 21-14 Panthers. We will run all over them while running the clock. Brady will try to force it and throw a INT ending the game in the forth. Carolina isnt leading in INT, but our defense seems to enforce its will when needed. With as high of a possession time as Carolina's and a bad run match up, a single turnover can destroy the game for the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarCam View Post
    I don't think Jacob is trying to offend the Patriot fans that are new here. What he is trying to say is agreeable. This Patriots team is not as good as the Patriot teams of the last decade. While they do have a good stable of running backs that have been better than the norm they are lacking in a lot of other areas that used to be their strength. Wide receiver - Amendola is no Welker. I knew this when he arrived. He has talent but is always hurt. Kembrell Thompkins and Aaron Dobson will be good weapons eventually, but are not there yet. They are too inconsistant, which is a word that has never been associated with Tom Brady. Brandon Boldin is no Danny Woodhead and they haven't had a replacement for Aaron Hernandez yet (Zach Sudfield - not the answer). Gronk has been looking good since he came back from injury, and will need to have another huge game to move the offense. The defense is also banged up, and while they do have Talib, it doesn't affect the running game. If they can't fill their gaps Cam Newton and Co. could have a field day.

Bottom line is this: the Pats had a coming out party against the Steelers in their last game, which understandably has their confidence at an all time high this year. But the Panthers are also coming off a huge win in San Fran, boosting their confidence as well. So if both teams are on the mountain top right now we should have the best of both worlds on Monday night (offense vs. defense), and while I agree with Jacob that the potential is there for this game to get out of hand (as far as the match up goes), I think the coaching will keep it close and in the end, turnovers will be the key ingredient for this victory.

1. Danny Amendola is no Welker, he is better. The ONLY problem is that he has never been healthy. He has been a great player even with Sam Bradford throwing the ball to him. He is faster, younger, bigger, stronger, quicker, more agile, more athletic and more explosive then Wes Welker. Welker was unknown coming into New England where as Danny Amendola isn't. Danny Amendola's numbers are a lot better coming into New England then Wes Welker's numbers were. You can see it in the games, the extra energy, kick, and burst that he has in and out of his routes is a gear higher then Wes.. Now that he is fully healthy for the first time this season, you got to see that on display against Pittsburgh.

2. Brandon Bolden is no Danny Woodhead, but he is a very good running back and a good receiver but he is not suppose to be Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen is. Shane Vereen is the dangerous X-Factor that's dynamic in the passing game, that I think Tom Jackson alluded to the fact that Shane has some Roger Craig-ish characteristics to him in regards to his excellent skill underneath and vertical coming out of the backfield. He provides that matchup mismatch that is desired and to be respected. He should be back this game.

3. Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins may not be great now, but they are not far away and are very special even now, being the fact of how much of the offense they have learned and some of the huge plays and contributions they've made on the fly while learning. And their ceiling and upside cannot be ignored as it has been on display more on more often as the games go on. Aaron Dobson in particular has improved each week, developed timing and chemistry with Tom and now gets it. Something they can both do, is make the clutch big plays down field and beat single coverage without much difficulty. Both are on pace to break rookie records set by Deion Branch and David Givens set back in 2002. Aaron right now his hitting his stride.

4. Rob Gronkowski will continue to open up for others and dominate each matchup line up across him. The ONLY thing that stopped him in the past was the fact that he got injured, and that was pretty much it. The guy is too dominate in the passing game, more dominant then Jimmy Graham. Almost uncoverable....

5. Julian Edelman - never discount him, as Wes Welker has taught him a lot of tricks. Can be hard to cover underneath and on the inside from time to time.

All in all this team is extremely talented but the ONLY issue has been everybody being on the field at the same time and health. I think now everybody is healthy, the offense has jelled and Tom Brady's hand is healthy again. Against Pittsburgh it wouldn't of mattered if that was the 85 bears defense playing him, he was throwing the ball as good as he EVER has and looks as good as he ever has. He has never fell off or decline just needed time to adjust to his new surroundings and weapons and he has with a fury. The offense is back to being a great machine and juggernaut now and has more versatility and flexibility then the Denver offense just my opinion. Rob Gronkowski > Julius Thomas, you know its true, and has twice the impact Julius has.. healthy Danny Amendola over Wes Welker in a heart beat, the slew of talented runningbacks that outweight Denver's backfield by a mile, Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkin's upside and ceiling over Eric Decker, not even going to explain what Shane Vereen's dynamics bring and I could go on and on but I'll stop here....
    Last edited by TomBrady12>AaronRodgers12; 11-14-2013 at 08:35 PM.

New England fans are living in a fantasy world if you think Danny Amendola is better than Wes Welker. It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't stay on the field. Welker hurt his knee in the playoffs and was back week 1. He averaged something like 110 catches while he was in New England and no, he wasn't "unknown" before he got to NE. Belichick even stated he wanted Welker because he was tearing them up twice a year when he played with Miami, who was atrocious at the time.

You've listed all these offensive players but my question is this: Who do you have on defense? You're already #30 against the run and now Wilfork and Mayo are both out. Sure you have Talib back, but our strength is running the ball. I am sure this will be a tough game, but if our team, which is a more complete team overall, plays the way they have been playing, then Carolina should win this one by at least 10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by barryn View Post
    New England fans are living in a fantasy world if you think Danny Amendola is better than Wes Welker. It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't stay on the field. Welker hurt his knee in the playoffs and was back week 1. He averaged something like 110 catches while he was in New England and no, he wasn't "unknown" before he got to NE. Belichick even stated he wanted Welker because he was tearing them up twice a year when he played with Miami, who was atrocious at the time.

You've listed all these offensive players but my question is this: Who do you have on defense? You're already #30 against the run and now Wilfork and Mayo are both out. Sure you have Talib back, but our strength is running the ball. I am sure this will be a tough game, but if our team, which is a more complete team overall, plays the way they have been playing, then Carolina should win this one by at least 10 points.
    Danny Amendola is playing this week so the issue of him always being hurt is really a mute point.Your correct that your strength is running the ball ,but you would have to agree that the NFL is a passing league.your correct in saying this is not only going to be a tough game,but it also will be the best game on Monday night football this year.Turnovers will be a factor along with field position and special teams.For anyone to predict blowout by either team is wishful thinking.
    The Pats job will be stop the run and make cam Newton beat them,and the panthers job will be to put pressure on Brady.Even Pat fans would have to give the Panthers an edge with home field.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevrolet View Post
    Danny Amendola is playing this week so the issue of him always being hurt is really a mute point.Your correct that your strength is running the ball ,but you would have to agree that the NFL is a passing league.your correct in saying this is not only going to be a tough game,but it also will be the best game on Monday night football this year.Turnovers will be a factor along with field position and special teams.For anyone to predict blowout by either team is wishful thinking.
    The Pats job will be stop the run and make cam Newton beat them,and the panthers job will be to put pressure on Brady.Even Pat fans would have to give the Panthers an edge with home field.
    pretty much what I said in another post, would have to agree, gonna be a good one, keep brady on the sidelines with our run game, keep pressure on him with our front 4 when he is on the field and we should get a W in this one
    KINGS OF THE SOUTH

#BLUEGOOSE #HOGMOLLIES #SUPERMAN #OPTIMUSPRIME #KEEPPOUNDING

Quote Originally Posted by panthergf View Post
    pretty much what I said in another post, would have to agree, gonna be a good one, keep brady on the sidelines with our run game, keep pressure on him with our front 4 when he is on the field and we should get a W in this one
    For thirteen years teams have said put pressure on Brady,keep him off the field and we can win.Every week teams say the same thing. This is the first game he will have the whole offense together.Its obvious the Pats will try and stop the run and make Cam Newton throw the ball. Just suppose you can't get to Brady with your front four. what happens if the Pats stop your run.